San Pedro, CA, October 18, 2007
The Law Office of Roger G. Worthington, P.C.
1. Intensity-modulated radiation therapy and 3D-conformal radiation therapy are both suitable for mesothelioma. Link here.
2. Alpha-TOS ineffective at inhibiting tumor development mice with peritoneal mesothelioma, and results in severe side effects. Link here.
3. Patient with rare pericardial mesothelioma extends average 6-month survival to 16 months with carboplatin + pemetrexed regimen. Link here.
4. Tumor serum markers CEA and SMRP were able to discriminate with high sensitivity between mesothelioma and non-small cell lung cancer; Cyfra 21.1 proved useful discriminating between normal versus malignancy. Link here.
5. Risk of mesothelioma increases from second-hand asbestos exposure, but mortality from lung cancer does not increase. Link here.